Thursday, September 24, 2009

Paper Beads




The pressure is on to finish my Halloween theme charms for the swap with my friends back in Minnesota. So......just because.....I tried a new technique from Kelli Perkin's Stitched Alchemy and am Loving the results! These beads have several layers of UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Powder)...some clear, some that I colored (trick I learned from Tim Holtz). Very fun! VERY fun. Try some, you won't be disappointed.




Also.....our new fun toy over here is.....


Yes......"old fashion" typewriters. The kids think they are a hoot. The one above is in...cursive and has a smidgen of ink left in the ribbon. It is the funniest thing to hear one of the kids clanging away at the keys. So. why you ask, would I want one of these buggers (no...not the kids but the typewriter!) Well, I have this vision.....as always.....of having a manual typewriter in the entry way (not that the entry way is THAT big mind you.....but I am tired of waiting for the "perfect" house. I am going to decorate and have fun with this one). In this typewriter I will leave notes (that may have to printer off my computer since the ink will only last for so long) in the typewriter...encouraging visitors or family to peek. I want our house to be interactive, not a "look, don't touch" house. So.....today I hit the Goodwill again and found this beauty!

It comes in it's own case.......Ahhhhhh...I will have to decide which one fits my needs. But I couldn't pass up the "suitcase" style box. But the kids will be thrilled that there are two to bang on tonight.

Coming soon.....pictures of the entry way!

No comments: