Monday, April 26, 2010

scrumptious squares


The Yahoo Mixed media Group is doing a swap for 1 1/2 inch squares for the scrumptious squares in the Mixed Mania book study.  I was going back and forth with ideas and then....with deadline looming I just went for it.  This is a mosaic of polymer pieces.  Can I just say that these were a TON of fun to create.  I have lots of tiles with text.  I would just grab a few and see what they said.  And went with it.  I love how they conjure up little funny stories in my head. 




This is from a series of squares with vintage text, paper fabric (left over from the Stitch Alchemy book study) and lots of UTEE (colored and clear).  Unfortunately there is a lot of glare from the UTEE, making it a bit of a challenge to photograph and scan (I tried both).

Can't wait to see what the others have done with this swap! 
Another package I will eagerly await in the mail!!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Oooh, these are so very beautiful - what great colors and empheria, Kristin xo

Trudy said...

Sounds like fun. Those are some really neat squares.

Trudy
Host of The Artistic Mother's Art Group
www.artisticcreationswithtrudy.blogspot.com

Kristi Wodek said...

Thanks Kristin and Trudy. I'll post what i get in return in a few weeks.