Wednesday, November 9, 2011

some things to think about

So, the other day I read about a new book Us, Celebrating the Power of Friendship  on friendship at Christine Mason Miller's blog.  At first glance I thought, hmmm not a bad idea.  But the more I think about it, I love it!  As I worked at the library today, watching kids interact, girls in particular...some interactions were positive and others....not so positive.  Then thinking about my sixteen year-old daughter and her teenage relationships made me realize, this book is NEEDED.  If we can teach girls to work on friendships from an early age we can help foster healthy relationships for a lifetime.

Another fun thing I found on a blog was how to make Washi Tape....ooooohhhhhhhh my goodness.....genius!  Check out Craft Test Dummies.  Super, super cool!!!!!

Finally, I am participating in a gift exchange organized by Craftaholics Anonymous.  My swap partner is from California.  We have started to exchange some e-mails.  Some of my friends from Minnesota that i swap with on a regular basis have signed up too.  We are looking forward to sharing our swaps at the end of November. 

No comments: