Sunday, August 30, 2009

Last sips of summer


I apologize for the hiatus in posting. I think intuitively I am savoring every last sip of summer. Summer always takes on a different tone once the kids return to school. The weather, however, has added a "feel" to summer. A feel of Fall. A feeling that summer has swept past us. Now, I know that we will have warm days again...for those of you not living in Michigan.....we have had a cooler summer. Let me put it to you this way, tonight it is supposed to get down to 38 degrees....yup....that probably gives you a sense of the "feel" that we are experiencing. So luckily, I have followed my instincts and have been sucking the last bits of summer with the kids and not blogging.



Creatively, my thoughts have not been tempered by the weather or my activities....I have lots of ideas floating through my head. Yesterday I managed to get some time with polymer to continue my bead odyssey. My clay tiles (those that I have carved....still more to carve) are slowly drying to insure nice, flat tiles (sure makes adhering a heck of a lot easier and more professional looking!)



Enjoy some recent pictures from our garden. Again, trying to savor summer. I know I will reflect on these pictures in the winter months for inspiration.
















One other quick note. I am proud to say that I had a charm chosen for the Cloth, Paper, Scissors magazine charm swap. The issue just hit the news stands. I am in very good company. The other charms are beautiful, creative and thought provoking. The issue itself is very fun, you won't be disappointed!


No comments: