Tuesday, June 30, 2009

gluten free

Another passion of mine is good food. I thoroughly enjoy food. Selecting (yes grocery shopping!), cooking, baking and...of course eating. However, I have started down a new path of gluten free eating. After a couple of recent books/discussions, a family reunion where is was revealed that several family members suffer from gluten intolerance I decided to give it a try. I am on week three and definitely feeling the benefits. Lucky for me I discovered Shauna James Ahern...author of

I found this book to be liberating that you can still enjoy food when it seems you are restricted from all of the "good" stuff. This book is about her journey. There are some recipes sprinkled in, but her passion to not give up on food is the main thread. This I love. I was surprised to see some negative feedback on Amazon. Take this book for what it is....hope for continuing to enjoy food. Her blog is wonderful as well. http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com/ You have to check it out. Last night I made the spinach/chick pea quick dinner recipe. It was delicious. Everyone commented on the wonderful smells...even the ever questioning 14 year old! Today I am going to make the syrup for the strawberry/rhubarb lemonade. I plan to serve this over the 4th. I can't wait....my mouth is watering already!

No comments: