Tuesday, June 2, 2009

year end projects





As the school year winds down I find myself scrambling to get year end projects done. This year I helped my daughter's Daisy troop make a mosaic flower pot to add to the library reading garden. I made "girl" tiles for each of the girls to glaze. For 6 and 7 year old's...they did a great job. They are all so creative! I then attached the tiles to the pot, with some challenges.....always a learning moment! Added some additional tiles and viola....we have a keepsake for the girls to reflect on for the remainder of their years at their elementary school.








Since I have my kiln wired (thanks Dad!) I have been concocting lots of clay projects. For the same daughter's kindergarten class I had each of the students stamp their hands on a store purchased clay pot as a keep sake for their teacher. I then added their names and wrote the name of the school and year on the top.....as we hope she has many more years of teaching!



Need to get this fired so we can give it to her at graduation next week. Since I will be firing the kiln I have dozens of new "charms" to glaze and fire....I am quickly becoming addicted to making charms. I can thank Cloth, Paper, Scissors Magazine and Mixed Media yahoo group for lighting this new passion!


So with that being said....I think I need to go glaze some charms!

ciao

No comments: