Thursday, March 25, 2010

Jewelry Frame

Another project that I have been working on this week....a frame of sorts for my jewelry.  I lovingly pick out my jewelry at art/craft fairs or make my own jewelry after painstaking picking out beautiful beads...so why not show it off a bit more.

Using a cutlery tray, I covered the silverware sections with paper.  Sealed the paper with Traci Bautista's Collage Pauge (I have been so happy with this product, I have it in Glossy and Matte!).  Then drilled some holes to insert screws.  I adhered antique buttons, handmade glass beads (Shelly Heglie and Earthenware Beads) and flea market finds to the heads of the screws.  Viola...a place to hang my bracelets and necklaces.  I drilled two holes to hold a dowel rod to hang my earrings from.  I colored the dowel rod with alcohol inks (love, love, love the purple).  I have another tray that I am working on that will also serve as a shelf for my funky rings....which is a new addiction!

I am really pleased with how this project is turning out....and seeing the jewelry as the pieces of art that they are.  A bonus...I get to "see" the colors that I am obviously attracted to and inspired by!

4 comments:

Kim said...

That is a great idea. I've been looking for ways to display my jewelry at shows... mind if I share your idea? If so, that's fine. Currently I'm using either vintage bottles and hang the jewelry on them, or I hang them on vintage clothes pins painted to match a vintage chinese checkers board... Just trying to use what I have. Maybe I can get a picture and put it up on my blog.
Blessings, Kim

Kristi Wodek said...

Kim,

Feel free to share. I'd love to see photos of the displays that you currently use...they sound very intriguing. I hope to have better pictures over the weekend.
Kristi

Shawna said...

What a great idea! I too like everything out in the open and what a unique way to have it out and be neat and artistic while organized. Good Job!

Mandy said...

love this idea...i love the jewelry you have put on display too...xxx