Tuesday, February 23, 2010

An Artistic Mother

wow! i just stumbled upon a wonderful new book, An Artistic Mother by Shona Cole.......it is beautiful. I had to learn more about her so I buzzed over to her blog http://shonastudio.blogspot.com/ and am hooked. She has a twelve week plan of art action....gotta love that. Having just finished the fun Stitch Alchemy book study with the Mixed Media art group I appreciate so much the "schedule" if you will.....it makes it so you "have" to make art. It isn't pressure in a dreaded way, but in a "permission" sort of way. Does that make sense? She focuses on digital photography, poetry and mixed media, yeah!!!!!! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy and then.......more projects. Speaking of which......since I am not subbing today I need to be making art.

3 comments:

Shona Cole said...

thank you so much for this shout out!
you are so right, gotta 'make' that art time, it sounds so unromantic like that, but that is the reality of it ;) and the art has to be made, so we have to embrace that challenge and do it!
Shona

Trudy said...

Hi there. I'm Trudy, the organizer of The Artistic Mother's Group. Our group is going through the 12 projects in Shona's new book together. We would love for you to join us. Why don't you read all about it on my blog; and if you're interested, leave me a comment and I'll add your name to the list.

http://artisticcreationswithtrudy.blogspot.com/2010/02/new-artistic-mother-group-forming-i.html

Denise said...

I think Shona's new book really fills a void in the art/craft section. If this had been around when my daughters were young, I would have scooped it up in a heartbeat!