Wednesday, February 17, 2010

substitute teaching and little knitting


Today was my second day substitute teaching for a particular kindergarten teacher. I love when I can fill in for more than one day. All of that learning of the classroom schedule pays off when you can use it for multiple days. This particular school I was filling in at has a reputation of being a bit on the tough side. All of the kindergarten teachers have had blue Mat training, a training to help diffuse burst of anger. We are talking about 5 and 6 year olds. Sad. I can attest that the class was a bit of a challenge and.....kinda wiped me out. So the heart.....a graffiti heart i spotted in downtown Traverse City, with a bit of snow....is to remind us all of the beauty of life....even in odd moments and places and natural or man made.

And now for my Olympic Knitting update.....as you may have already noted, there is no "update photo." My knitting has taken a back burner from our family schedule last night and tonight. I was able to sneak in a couple of rows throughout the day (when the kids were at lunch and when our youngest was at hockey)...so I feel an overwhelming need to pick up the needles. Now considering how much this pattern has frustrated me, I am reminded of how much I enjoy the rhythm of knitting. Hopefully I can whip out a couple of rows yet tonight.

No comments: