Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mardi Gras

We love Mardi Gras in our house.
In 1994 my husband and I splurged and went to Mardi Gras and to this day it is one of our high lights. We would go back in a heart beat. Some pictures from our trip. I think they transcend time, as Mardi Gras, is Mardi Gras.....not much changes. It is colorful, full of music, warm breezes, hurricanes (drinks), beads, parades and LOTS of people, lots of HAPPY people.




and now for the knitting Olympics update.

Day Three results are.........


not sure how easy it is to "read" the photo...but the arrow points to a whole row where things get funky. I ripped out 4 rows after and then figured out what the problem is. So...I have grown as a knitter with this experience. But as you can see.....I did not rip the whole problem area out....I decided to move on. But, if I were to do knit this hat again and I can honestly say now that I know what the problem was (human error on my part) I might consider it.....might....might not. We'll see.

No comments: